"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): Porching

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Porching

 Blazer - thrifted little boys
Dress - thrifted vintage (previously worn: here and here)
Socks - Target
Shoes - thrifted unworn xhiliration

I love this dress. Makes me feel like I belong on a big porch, drinking lemonade. Instead I am at work and it is cold. The dress is very "HI! I'M VINTAGE!" though and it's hard to make it look more modern... so I decided to try a blazer with it today. I'm a fan. Sorry for the absence yesterday, it was tough getting back after my weekend here:
drinking this:
while laughing and reading this:
and looking like this:
It was super fun. I've now eaten enough doughnuts to last a lifetime and learned all the celebrity gossip from trashy magazines. There was also a lot of pictionary, bocce ball, and birdwatching while listening to a ridiculous CD called something like "Sensual Flutes of the Forest"...

12 comments:

two birds said...

that sounds like an amazing weekend! sensual flutes of the forest was my favorite cd growing up. i went to all their concerts! (kidding).

Chrysa said...

Hi!

I found you in Chictopia:)I like a lot your blog, the way you mix your cothes!I have become a follower:):) I would appreciate it if you checked mine:

www.storiesandsequins.com

and become a follower if you wish:)

Chrysa

Destrehan's Daughter said...

I throw a big Halloween party every year and keep hoping someone will bring skull vodka but no luck so far. I hope it tastes good with doughnuts!

Kimi said...

Wow, your getaway almost perfectly describes a mushroom trip. Not that I would know...

You have the best vintage, and so much of it. Where do you put it all?

CAITLIN said...

that dress is a beaut. and i love it. also i love your weekend. wish i could steal them both!

EvaNadine said...

hubby and i have always wanted to get the skull vodka. may have to splurge soon!

Anna said...

Looks like an awesome weekend!! I am very in need of a cabin retreat like this. And ps. That dress is fantastic!

Rebecca said...

It looks like you had a fun weekend. I need to escape from the Twin Cities soon.

Megan Mae said...

Haha! Looks like you had a blast. I like the little dress. You need a glass of sweet tea and a rocking chair to sit in (on your porch).

jesse.anne.o said...

I heart this outfit.

Your weekend sounds lovely.

Marie @ Lemondrop Vintage said...

Your dress is so lovely! Looks like you had a fun day, I want the masque for a day.
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
Spring Necklace giveaway

Between Laundry Days said...

Yep, you guys look awesome. You should wear that mask everyday!

And I'm LOVIN' the vintage dress!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails