"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): Navy & Neon (She Blinded Me with Cultural Appropriation)

Friday, May 20, 2011

Navy & Neon (She Blinded Me with Cultural Appropriation)

Last time I wore this skirt, I had no idea what it was. Thanks to the glory of  the internet, sweet reader Kay  informed me of what it is! "Hi There! That is actually a printed representation of a traditional Hmong dress (which would have been batiked, stitched, embroidered and pleated all by hand...also would weigh about 5lbs! haha)." You can see some of the real ones here. Awesome, huh? The little girls at my school are all ridiculously enamored with this skirt, which is cute!
Necklace - thrifted
T-shirt - Target
Bangles - thrifted
Belt - thrifted
Skirt - thrifted the fabric, sewn by me
Shoes - thrifted Nine West


Tonight I'm going out with Mohawk Boy and a few of his friends. Tomorrow I have a noon shift for the photo booth (early wedding). Tomorrow night is my friend Julie's birthday/the rapture. We're going out for dinner, followed by karaoke! Sunday I'll go to Art-A-Whirl or Harvey Milk Day or both, assuming it doesn't rain all day! Fun weekend!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails