"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): Deserts and hail

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Deserts and hail

I feel like this is what I would wear if I lived in the desert and made terra cotta pots. It's supposed to be like 90 here today, thus the southwest vibe!
 Necklaces - shorter one is thrifted, longer one is from World Market
Dress - thrifted, shortened by me (used to be a maxi)
Bangles - thrifted
Sandals - MIA


I bike by the Twins baseball stadium everyday on my way to and from work. Yesterday while biking home, I decided I needed to go to a game since it was a beautiful warm day and I haven't been to one yet this year. I called up Mohawk Boy and informed him that I was a "fly by the seat of my pants" kinda girl and the seat of my pants wanted to be in Target Field.  He's a baseball nut too, so of course said he'd go even though there was a 30% chance of rain. So the game started and the Twins started sucking and then it started raining and then it started pouring and then they brought out the tarps for the field and called a rain delay. Then the tornado sirens went off and then it started hailing. Like golf ball sized chunks. Then a drunk guy ran out onto the field during the hail storm and it was hilarious as he got dragged off. The rain and hail ended within a half hour. Then they had to sweep the entire field by hand to pile up all the hail balls, which took like a half hour but was cool to watch. And the grounds crew got a big standing ovation. We stayed til the end of the game even though the Twins lost big time. It was one of the funnest games I've ever been to just because it was so crazy. Mohawk Boy often asks me why I have such good stories (I do, maybe I'll do a vlog one day and tell one...) and this is why. I'm impulsive and do things on a whim and they often end in disaster. Beautiful disasters.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails