"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): Yipes! Stripes!

Friday, February 19, 2010

Yipes! Stripes!

I'm the kinda girl who lays out her outfit the night before... I just don't like dealing with the closet monster in the morning... but I woke up so tired and cold today I just felt like wearing pants and flats instead of the dress and heeled boots I was planning on wearing... oops?


Sweater - etsy (www.pangs.etsy.com)
T-shirt - thrifted Target Sample
Pocketwatch - garage sale, chain added by me
Pants - thrifted Banana Republic
Gold glitter shoes - Dollhouse (on DSW super clearance a few years ago, they were less than $2)


The important thing to notice is the Dueber pocket watch, which according to it's serial number, was made in 1879! I got it at a garage sale for something like fifty cents and it's real gold! From the research I've done it looks like it would be worth around $750 if it was working, which it is not. It's also missing one of the watch hands and the glass plate that covered the watch face... I ought to bring it to a jeweler or watch repair of some kind and see what they can do but in the mean time I threw it on a thrift store chain and have just been wearing it as a necklace. The inside is so cool - gears!

Have a goooood weekend everyone! Mine will be full of the Olympics and t-shirt printing!

P.S. I love this cardigan but it is infuriating... put it by something black and it looks navy, put it by something navy and it looks black... grrr... what color are you?!?!

7 comments:

What Would a Nerd Wear said...

that pocket watch is RAD and such an interesting touch.
i am also a night-before-layer-outer-of-outfits person, but sometimes you wake up just not feeling what you laid out. i love the stripes here though--you are a master of pattern.

Tabitha said...

I love this sweater and it will be perfect for the spring/nautical inspired looks!

C said...

Oh my god, that pocketwatch is intensely awesome. And that cardi is so fun, too! It looks navy from here, but what do I know? :)

WildBirdVintage said...

I am in looove with your pocket watch! I am a not a "night before" by nature but it has really helped me out to try...

Raquelita said...

I just stumbled across your blog, and I'm glad I did! I love the pocket watch and those shoes. Great job getting them for under $2!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous neckless. I love pocket watches.

Anonymous said...

i wore a pocket watch this weekend as a necklace!! - i debated whether or not it was too flava flav and decided to go for it, good to see someone who is clearly more fashionable that flav agrees!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails