"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): navy > black (um, that's a "greather than" sign... but you got that, right??)

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

navy > black (um, that's a "greather than" sign... but you got that, right??)

I was so excited when I found this navy houndstooth dress at Arc's Value Village on half off day for $3! Even more so because is just fits! Seriously, my life would be so much easier if I could just lose like one inch of boobs. I know, I know, what a problem to have, and believe me, I used to have nooo boobs and always hoped they would miraculously appear. And did they! I was the latest of the late bloomers and grew five inches in height my freshman year of college (from 4'10" to 5'3"). Nothing like finally going through puberty at 18.  I think I'm really going to make sure I am exercising and eating right and see if I can lose like 5 lbs... I figure if I tend to gain weight in my chest, I would lose it there first, yes? Here's hoping!

Ok, is everyone sufficiantly feeling awkward after all that boob talk? Yes? We'll move on then!
Cardigan - Target
Dress - thrifted
Tights - TJ Maxx?
Shoes - got them in London 12 years ago, the brand wore off long ago (they have been falling apart for years and I will cry when they die... I LOVE them!)

There is so much fresh snow here - I love it when the sidewalks look like mazes because they are cleared and on the sides the snow is up past your knees!

 P.S. That crazy red dot on my hand is a band-aid because I sliced myself while dismantling destroyed vintage watches on Saturday... oops! Safety first kids!

P.P.S. I hope you have all noticed I have never ever ever worn anything from Forever 21... Amen, sisters.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another fab find! Bless Value Village ...

What Would a Nerd Wear said...

mmmm, i love me some navy.
and you could always duck tape your boobs like sam in the movie now and then, right?

Shoeperwoman said...

I can't seem to stop buying navy at the moment - absolutely love it. Such a cute dress, too :)

Unknown said...

Great dress, and it was destiny!

Ms. Falcon said...

this outfit looks pretty cute. ...


xx
http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

Gloria said...

I read the article about Forever 21from the link at the end of your post. It got me thinking about the "real" price of the clothing that we wear (the ethical and environmental costs). I googled "sweatshops" and "clothing" and I was disappointed to learn that many of my favs are terrible violators in this area: Target, The Gap stores, Banana Republic, and J. Crew. What are your thoughts on this? I love clothes but I also don't want to support such practices.

enterrement vie de célibataire said...

il est vraiment trop mignon ton jolie puul vert.
J'adore.
Lilou

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails