"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): I am the luckiest girl.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

I am the luckiest girl.

Why am I smiling, you ask... it's a scroll-down reveal!


Gaaaaaaaa! Check the boots! I have NEVER had any luck finding boots at thrift stores, and I go a LOT. I found one pair of cowboy boots, four years ago. That's it! UNTIL NOW! Last night I made a quick stop by the Goodwill and found these deadstock gold-studded red suede boots, IN MY SIZE!!! $14! (which I was appalled by anyway - thrift stores, stop raising your prices because I hate fighting the crowds on half-price day!)

In more "Gaaaaaa!" news, someone from the Walker Art Center (the modern art museum in Minneapolis) emailed me because they have seen my t-shirts and are interested in selling them in the gift shop as part of their Local Artist T-shirt Mart this spring!!!!!!!! I emailed her back last night, so I'll let you in on the details when I know them!

I might explode and cover you all in sticky, gooey, honey happiness! Duck and cover!

edit: buzzkill = Alexander McQueen is dead?!?! How sad...

17 comments:

Totally Inspired said...

Those boots are soooo cute!!!! I cant wait until I can stumble across some boots that will fit my calfs.. and I want to be able to wear the trendy style with my skinnies in the boots... aaaahhh, one day, I will be so lucky!!!

Your boots are awesome... super duper cute!!!

Anonymous said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! Some of that is for the boots, but most of it is for the Walker. How amazing is THAT?!??!?!

bethtrue said...

Wow those are some awesome boots!! YUM! And congrats on the t-shirts! Double-WOW!! You're having a super great day!! :-) Thanks for sharing!

Nana Erin said...

Those boots are awesome. And YAY! to new customers. And yes, it is sad news.

Megan said...

Epic find! Those are dream boots!

Isabel said...

Those boots are insane! I absolutely love them. :) Totally agree with you about thrift store prices too, they can be really disheartening.

Ash Fox said...

amazing boots!

x

Anonymous said...

Those boots are AWESOME!!! And what wonderful news about your designs. You are a lucky girl. :)

Suzanne
Simply Suzanne

C said...

Congrats on those epic-ly awesome boots. Superb!

Theressa Lauw said...

Those boots are awesome! And congrats about your t-shirts!

Unknown said...

LOVE THOSE BOOTS. my god.



btw please take a couple secs to check out my blog... it's new and it would be much appreciated!

http://diyainherstilettos.blogspot.com/

Johanna said...

Yow! Those boots are rad as hell.

Kimberly said...

Those boots are ah-maz-ing!! Fantastic find and they look fantastic on you!

Anonymous said...

You have to remember that most thrift store are also charities and give out charitable donations. Goodwill is a non-profit org. that employs mainly people with disabilites or of limit skills for employment. they also help provide training and useful skills for other jobs. the more successful tehy are, the more they can do for others.

WickedThrifty said...

oooooh good score! i keep hoping i'll find nice shoes at goodwill. it's super, super rare. recently mine wanted $12.99 for PAYLESS boots. say what!?

Ms. Falcon said...

omg, those boots are stunnnnnning....


http://www.wardrobexperience.blogspot.com/

Katrina said...

I love love love those boots!! Killer.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails