"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): Orange you glad I make lame jokes?

Monday, February 8, 2010

Orange you glad I make lame jokes?

It is snow, snow, snowing here and I need a disco nap so we're gonna keep this short...

I had a 7:40 doctor appointment (elbow is still crazy!) and getting anywhere in the snow is impossible and makes me grouchy, so I dressed a little boring today (well, for me). 
Scarf - made by me!
Sweater - thrifted Isaac Mizrahi for Target
T-shirt - Target
Jeans - thrifted The Limited
Clogs - thifted

Once every 10 years the Minneapolis Institute of Arts has something called "Foot in the Door" where anyone who considers themselves an "artist" can drop off a piece, as long as it is smaller than one cubic foot. I quick whipped up a piece on Saturday and went and turned it in on Sunday. They started accepting submissions at 11:30, and I got there at 11:40 and still had to wait and hour and fifteen minutes in line. By the time I left at 1:00, the line was over three hours long! Yowza! Here is mine, titled "Perpetually Late"

I know it's not a big deal, but I'm so excited to have something I made in a real museum. The works will be displayed until June, so if you live in MPLS, go see them!

7 comments:

C said...

I just adore this outfit. It's casual, simple, and involves one of my FAVE color combos: orange and orange! Not enough people pair orange with orange.

Also, that MPLS art thing is AMAZING. To say I'm jealous would be a SERIOUS understatement. :)

Lesa said...

Hi! You won my $15 Barnes and Noble gift certifcate at Lesa's Library.

If you will send me your name and address to

skyroxy@bellsouth.net I will send it out right away

Lesa

Lesa said...

ps. Love the orange!

Anonymous said...

Love that scarf! It looks super comfy and warm.

Suzanne
Simply Suzanne

Katie said...

I think the piece you submitted is great! I'm a museum curator (sadly, not in Minneapolis) and I love when museums invite visitors to be involved in participatory content.

I've been studying your submission, and I can't tell what medium you used to put the design on the fabric. Stitched? Paint? Silkscreened? Do share!

Anonymous said...

Boring? Surely you kid.

HM did Foot in the Door, too! We should get together and go see the exhibit when it opens.

WildBirdVintage said...

I just found your blog--so cool that you live in MPLS! Maybe I will make it to the MIA...though I am not the best at getting to arty events, this seems really neat.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails