"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): first mate of the S.S. boat without a name

Friday, February 5, 2010

first mate of the S.S. boat without a name

I can't wait for spring so I can go sailing with the boy all the time (not that I usually dress the part, but went with a bit of a nautical look today!)
Cardigan - Target
Anchor pin - thrifted
T-shirt - Target
Pants - etsy (a vintage seller was shutting down her shop, so I got this blazer and pants set for $7!)
Loafers - thrifted Enzo Angiolini

Here's the blazer that came with these pants in action last summer (oooh, I miss my freckles, they fade so much in winter!):

So my client Daniel and I did go see Where the Wild Things Are last night and I did not like it at all! The monsters reminded me of junkies, having these huge fights, then having heart-felt apologies, only to do the exact same thing all over again. I don't know - I just didn't get it.

Today I have physical therapy for the crazy elbow, then I'm going to go running (much to the dismay of my fat crazy neighbor man who insists my treadmill's "whirring" disturbs him, so I usually run as soon as I get home from work, from 4pm to 5pm, because he doesn't get home until 5pm. But today I will be late and I'm sure he will come yell at me, he even called the police on me one time because I ran until 5:30. My other close neighbors in the condo have said yes, they can hear a whirring when I run, but it is quiet and no more bothersome than when someone is doing laundry or showering. He's just a grouchy dude.)

Here's hoping he's in a good mood today like I am! Have a wonderful weekend and be sure to eat lots of liquefied cheese products on Super Bowl Sunday!

10 comments:

Robin said...

This makes me regret not buying a pair of sailer pants long ago at an antique mall...sigh...regardless of my sorrow, I love the cardi with the pants!

I also miss my freckles :)

Anonymous said...

That is a REALLY good point about "Wild Things"! I never thought of it that way, but they are a bit like junkies. Geez, I wonder if tht was on purpose ...

What Would a Nerd Wear said...

i love both these outfits, and you do sailor chic better than anyone!

Anonymous said...

Yo ho ho and a bottle of ba-"cardi". (ha ha I'm a dork,)I'm loving your outfits today. Super cute!

Suzanne
http://suzydirl.wordpress.com/

Lesa said...

Love the sailor pants. I can't go see Wild Things because I used to read it to my daughters and have the best voices in the world for the monsters...

Katrina said...

I absolutely adore this nautical look!!! great pants.

And how unfortunate that you've such a pesky neighbour.

Desired Youth said...

These are so lovely! Lucky you for getting such amazing trousers are a blazer!

myedit said...

Your neighbour sounds like one heck of a guy... I'm surprised you don't have coffee after work with him daily.
That pantsuit is awesome, especially since it was $7! I'm mesmerized by the shiny buttons...

enterrement de vie de garçon Paris said...

jolie robe j'aurai aimé la voir en entier.
Lilou

enterrement de vie de garcon Paris said...

Toutefois, je dois te faire remarquer que j'aime bien les deux tenues.Jolie tenue je trouve que ton choix de souliers est toujours très bien orienté. Tu apportes un soin très particulier au choix de tes tenues. Tu as un don naturel.
Lilou

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails