"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): Stop mocking me, February

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Stop mocking me, February

Guh, it is getting to that time of year where I don't think I'll make it to spring! More snow, more negative temperatures, it's still so dark so early... February, you are my least favorite month! Well, you are Black History month, which is interesting and educational; you have Groundhog's Day which I hate because here in MN, there are at least 6 more weeks of winter, ALWAYS; you have Valentines Day, which I don't really care about or celebrate, but I get lots of Valentines at work from the kids which is sweet; and you have President's Day - so I get a little Monday day off! OK fine, you aren't so bad, February (plus my half-birthday will be on the 26th! I'll be 28.5! Actually that is bad, only 1.5 years until the dreaded thirty!). Thankfully you are a freakishly short month and it will be March before I know it and March = light at the end of the tunnel!

 Erm, I dressed like Christmas today?
 
Scarf - GAP outlet, years ago
Red tank - Nordstrom
Cardigan - Target
Cuff- World Market
Watch - Michael Kors
Skirt - thrifted Ann Taylor Loft
Olive green tights - DKNY
Shoes - thrifted Enzo Angiolini

Today = work, yoga with the kids, post office, Target (yay for finally getting groceries - I literally own nothing to eat - I ate the last of a box of cereal for breakfast, then lunch today is peanut butter on saltines and applesauce - which was my favorite lunch when I was like 8 but 20 years later it just seems sad! Plus all the Rodarte for Target stuff is on sale so I might finally buy something!) Then it will be T-shirt time - need to prep some screens and finish some drawings for some custom shirts! Bye darlings!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just wanted to say that I'm a new reader and have scanned through much of your past posts, loving the outfit eye candy and your writing :o) As a fellow MN-dweller, I commiserate the beginning of the second part of winter with you. I long for the days when I can wear my cute shoes out on the sidewalk and not carry them to work in my bookbag!

birdonyourshirt.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Groundhog Day - bah! When have we NOT had at least six more weeks of winter from here on in.

You really did do a Christmas ensemble, lady! Such a fun scarf.

What Would a Nerd Wear said...

i love february--one of those freaks who loves valentine's day, i guess!
way to go on the brave christmas ensemble--as always, you are so inventive!

elena-lu said...

oh i love valentines day :) i celebrate all month!! im one of those annoying people that go around telling others that its about love of family, friends, life, and not just a romantic thing. and i make valentines for like every person that i have ever said a word to and i dress up the house like chirstmas except with hearts! woot! well this year i havent dressed it up since we are moving and having boxes every is enough to deal with! boo! the hubby let me put up some strings of hearts though big woop there huh? well the move has taken over our lives! in fact thats why i havent been around! sorry about that!! and its gonna get bonkers for the rest of the month! ahh!
its good though. i am happy about the move. yay new place :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails