"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): Like a dainty, lady-like hot dog

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Like a dainty, lady-like hot dog

IDK why I like to dress like a hot dog all the time... maybe I'm just really yearning for baseball season to start?

Cardigan - from a friend's "to the Goodwill" pile, years ago
Dress - Rodarte for Target (on sale for $11!!!!!)
Heart necklace - www.pangs.etsy.com
Belt - thrifted
Tights - TJ Maxx
Shoes - Bakers, years ago

I am sad there is no new Project Runway tonight, but I guess the Olympics are almost over so I should get in one last event or two... in exciting-to-me-but-no-one-else-cares news, I am getting awesome at yoga! My heels now touch the ground in downward dog and I impress everyone with my extended headstands due to my extremely flat head (no really! The top of my head is really flat but luckily you can't tell due to my hair!) Alright kids, I'll report back soon with my DIY.. it's taken longer than I though to put the finishing details on!

14 comments:

What Would a Nerd Wear said...

i love the pattern of this dress!!
i have been such a slacker about olympics-watching and i missed the first ladies' skate (waah waaaah). i wish it didn't all end so soon...

Anonymous said...

I never would've thought "hot dog." Just "fabulous." And we must compare notes on where you're scoring your Target/Rodarte. I'm psyched for the Liberty collaboration next month!

myedit said...

Haha, a hotdog, eh? I don't see it, I just see a pretty dress that hasn't been overplayed in the whole Rodarte/Target collaboration...

FutureLint said...

Sal - I stop in the downtown one by the headquarters quite a bit because I walk by it every day on my lunch break... I keep checking the clearance 75% off section and just yesterday I scored this dress (someone must have returned it because it wasn't there the day before!) It has TONS of the black party dress with the ribbon at the neckline and a few of same dress but in the pastel floral fabric. Otherwise, most of it is gone except for a few XS bikinis and one lonely leopard dress. I'm still gonna keep checking though!

EvaNadine said...

sorry for getting you addicted to LOST -- be prepared for you bring to implode. but in a good way. :)

WildBirdVintage said...

Hot dogs are great! I never pass them up at Ikea or Food Avenue in Target...which I will now be checking out the clearance racks today!

I wanted to mention how much I like your header, it makes me wish I could mix and match you every time I see it.

out of order said...

the dress pattern is awesome, but I am too distracted by no PR?!?! I hate the Olympics, taking away my 30 ROCK & Project Runway!

Ms. Falcon said...

beautiful outfit!

thank you so much for the link of march's glamour!
lovely E. from Work With What You've Got shipped the mag ýesterday. can't wait finding it in my mail box.

xoxo

Sidewalk Chic said...

This is such an elegant outfit. Love the color palette and I can't believe your friend wanted to discard that sweater!


- JoAnn, Sidewalk Chalk

Julia said...

That dress is beautiful! I love the pattern, it's very elegant and chic.

I'm newer to blogging and just discovered yours - and I'm very much enjoying it! Thank you!

Vix said...

I cannot get Downward Dog right, lucky you.
Loving the outfit and the spiral staircase.
Vix
xxx

K said...

I love that dress and I think it looks great paired with your ketchup and mustard colors!

C said...

Soooo, that Rodarte dress looks FABULOUS on you. So great. And I love the hot-dog details. :)

tiff said...

I adore this dress! Just discovered your blog!

♥tiff
fashionintheforest.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails