"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): Fur, pumpkins, and bikes

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Fur, pumpkins, and bikes

10-24-12 Fur and flowers
Collar - thrifted vintage
Dress - thriftd vintage (no tags previous remix tribute here)
Shoes - Franco Sarto

Last night I got a lot of random stuffff done. Nate works really late on Tuesdays and Wednesdays for now so I use those nights to catch up on a bunch of projects. I made a million phone calls for a secret photobooth related project. Then I carved a pumpkin for a pumpkin carving contest...
Marilyn Monroe pumpkin
I figured everyone would be doing skeletons and Frankensteins and stuff so I went with what I think is the most iconic Halloween costume of all time - Marilyn Monroe. You're gonna see a Marilyn in a white dress every. single. year. I thought doing it Andy Warhol style would be easy. Boy was I wrong. I put different colored glow sticks inside for each photo to give it a bit of the bright pop-art feel. And roasted the pumpkin seeds, which are awesome!

I also finished up this custom order of bikes for a nursery:
FutureLint bikes - pink
I think this is such a good idea! If you're having a girl, you're gonna get a lot of pink stuff and it's not all going to be in the same color family. So this way, you've got some art that ties all the pinks together! Plus I love that she has a bike theme for a girl's nursery - yay! 

I also got a bunch of vintage orders packed up and ready to ship. Boy, people sure do love waiting til the last minute for their Halloween costumes! I got a few orders yesterday pleading me to ship them ASAP because they need them for this weekend. Which is fine, I go to the post office at least twice a week anyway and it's good to know when someone needs it by a certain date but holy procrastination! I've been working on my costume for like a month (thought I am aware that is because I'm a Halloween weirdo!)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails