"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): Foofy

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Foofy

This dress is a bit precious and foofy for my taste, which is why I never wear it. So today I wore it with a hooded cardigan to casual it up a bit (not a phrase but whatevs.) In fact, now that I think about it, last time I wore it, I wore it with a grey hooded sweatshirt. The two just go together in my mind I guess.

10-3-12 Foofy
Hooded cardigan - Derek Hearts
Dress - Erin Fetherston for Target
Wedges - Franco Sarto

Franco Sarto wedges

I feel like I definitely dress a bit vintage-y and a bit preppy but I tend to avoid things that are TOO twee or juvenile feeling. Maybe part of it is looking younger than I am, or working at a school, but I don't want too many ruffles and peter pan collars in my life. I'm not 31 going on 6... but the dress I'm wearing might be...

Image via target.com

Though, these were the glory days of the designer collabs at Target (this dress is from 2007, I believe). I picked up this dress for $6 on clearance because no one cared. There were no crazy lines and no insane prices on eBay (at least not here in MN, where the Target headquarters are - so practically every block has a Target.) Now it's just nuts and too ubiquitous anyway. I don't want the same dress as everyone else, even if I could get my hands on one.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails