"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): Denim and roses

Friday, February 3, 2012

Denim and roses

Miss Wendy B was looking for some outfits featuring denim shirts. I decided to bust out this old Levi's one. I wear one chambray shirt a lot, but this thicker denim one has been in hiding for a while.

Glasses - thrifted vintage American Optical, lenses replaced
Denim shirt - thrifted Levi's
Pins - one is DIY, one from Target, one from Modcloth
Bangles - thrifted
Pants - Express
Shoes - Tracy Reese

I made the grey pom-pom... isn't it cute?! Aaaand, sometimes a girl just needs to wear 15 bangles...

I'm pretty excited for this weekend. On Saturday, I am seeing Jeff Mangum (of Neutral Milk Hotel, whose album In the Aeroplane Over the Sea is my all time #1 desert island album). This is my dream concert and someone I NEVER thought I would actually get to see live. Don't mind me, I'll just be quietly weeping the whole time, no biggie. And of course, it's the same night that Craig Finn (of The Hold Steady) is playing a solo show in town with Mount Moriah (who I also love). I had to pick Jeff Mangum (especially since I've seen The Hold Steady play live five times already) but it was still heartbreaking. Craig Finn is my favorite live performer. Waaa. Yeah, first world problems. Then on Sunday, THE SUPERBOWL! Or as my friend Matt is calling it, The Super Eating Bowl. I gotta figure out what food I'm bringing. I'm for sure gonna bring these Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treats and I might make homemade soft pretzels too. I love them but they are a lot of work!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails