"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): Gretel goes golfing

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Gretel goes golfing

This dress is sooooooo very Octoberfest/Hansel & Gretel that I feel the need to try to downplay the pumpkin pie vibe of the dress when I wear it. To make it less costumey, last time I paired it with a crisp white t-shirt and today I tried it with a preppy polo (maybe it's because I grew up in the '80s, but I love me a popped collar... not in the modern douchey-Abercrombie way, just in a '80s swagger way... make sense?) No. It doesn't. But that's okay! I understand the distinction!
Polo - from when I was a bev cart girl at a golf course
Dress -thrifted vintage (no tags)
Sandals - FRYE


Whoop! Going to see my friend Steve's new band tonight. It's their first gig and it's at The Hexagon, which is one of my very favorite local venues! It sucks they don't play til 10pm though because I am old and like to pretend that I can go to be before midnight on a school night but I always fail. Oh well, I'll sleep when I'm dead!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails