"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): The bumbling bees

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The bumbling bees

If you've read my blog for any significant amount of time you know I'm a burn-the-candle-at-both-ends and bite-off-more-than-you-can-chew kinda girl. Because I just want to help everyone. So yesterday was the one day this week other than Friday that I'm not working in the evening and I spent it running around all over Minneapolis and the 'burbs to various craft stores and several Bed Bath & Beyonds to find black aprons to screenprint for a custom order of my beehive hairdo girl. Because I'm too nice. And don't want to say no to a little girl who is doing a fundraiser to save the honeybees!

IMG_2550
Cardigan - Circo via Two Birds garage sale
Dress - thrifted vintage
Sandals - Franco Sarto 

Ironically, I spend a lot of time at my house murdering yellow jackets. They're not honeybees, so I don't feel bad. I've killed six so far this year! I don't know how they get inside, but they're annoying! Luckily, I haven't been stung by one yet, unlike last year

Nate killed one over the weekend and he looked confused when I called it a yellow jacket. After some Googling, I convinced him that was the right term for the yellow striped wasps. He told me that he had always referred to bumblebees as yellow jackets because "they're fuzzy and puffy, like they're wearing a jacket."

P.S. I wish I had randomly been wearing a yellow jacket in this photo, but alas, I am not. The blog post can not come full circle. Fail.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails