"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): Assorted adorableness

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Assorted adorableness

Yesterday I gave a presentation on eczema to a 3rd grade class. One of the kids in the class has severe eczema all over his face and body and he wanted his classmates to be aware of what it was and the fact that it's not contagious. I was talking to the class and said, "Well I have freckles on my skin, if you touched my freckles, would you get freckles too?" And a little boy in the front row looked right at me, smirked, and said, "Probably."

IMG_2566
Necklace - Target
Blouse - thrifted vintage Lang Originals
Skirt - thrifted vintage (no tags)
Sandals - thrifted Candie's

I really ought to write down all of the ridiculous things kids say to me and make a book. They always have strange things to say about my tattoos. Last week a kindergarten boy was waiting for his mom to pick him up from my office and he was telling me allllll about narwhals (which was awesome, BTW). When he saw my seahorse tattoo, he asked "Did you draw that on in blood?" A 2nd grade girl told me (while pointing to my tattoo), "You know you have to get that lasered off, right?"

My favorite recent convo was with a 3rd grade boy who likes to come to my office to say hi in the mornings. He noticed my engagement ring for the first time and asked, "Does that mean you're married?" I said, "No, it means I'm going to get married, and soon!" He said, "Uh-oh! I've heard that some girls who get into marriage, get out of being a nurse. Don't leave us, ok?"

And I won't.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails