"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): Painting the apples red

Friday, October 11, 2013

Painting the apples red

Ahhh yes, time for the wearing of my mom's old painting shirt. I love it. I can't help it. Maybe it's the '80s child in me, but I'm always a sucker for paint splatter.

IMG_2688
Shirt - vintage John Henry (belonged to my mom)
Necklace - Target
Skirt - Target
Sandals - thrifted Candie's

I took my special needs buddy Daniel to the apple orchard yesterday. We've gone every year for gosh, probably 6? 7? years now. I've worked with him for over 9 years and we have a few traditions - the arboretum in summer, the apple orchard in fall, the Hollidazzle Parade in winter. And year-round and constant games of Yahtzee and basketball. After all these years I've gotten to know his family super well too - in fact his dad is the one performing the marriage ceremony for Nate and I! He's the chaplain at a local children's hospital (and former pastor and theology professor). 
IMG_2657

Daniel does a mean Spiderman impression... 
IMG_2663

I thought this apple sorter was so cool! And pretty - very industrial chic, no?
IMG_2677

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails