"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): But I hate the phrase "LOL"

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

But I hate the phrase "LOL"

I had a major giggle fit in public today when my bus was approaching my stop because it hit a huge puddle in the road. I agree, that is not funny, in and of itself. But...

On Sunday, Nate and I were driving up to my place from Art-A-Whirl and we saw a car hit this huge, long puddle in the road because it had been pouring rain all day and it made such a big, satisfying splash. So we did the only logical thing, which was to drive down the street, turn around, and hit the puddle really fast. It sprayed the sidewalk so awesomely and I was like "Where's a rollerblader when you need one?" because it would be hilarious to splash a rollerblader, trust me. So when I saw the bus splashing toward the bus stop today, I thought of Nate and I making a point of hitting it and it just made me laugh. Out loud. At a bus stop full of quiet strangers.

IMG_1420
Blouse - vintage via ebay
Cropped pants - Target
Shoes - Chinese Laundry

blouse detail

I get random giggle attacks all the time. It's a good thing I'm not on SNL or a sitcom, I'd break constantly. Last October, Nate and I were at a thrift store looking for a jumpsuit to turn into a Ghostbusters costume for him and he found me hysterically laughing alone in one of the aisles. Knowing I'm in public and thus shouldn't laugh out loud alone makes me have to laugh even more. He asked why I was laughing and it took a solid five minutes for me to compose myself enough to tell him that it was because I started thinking of how funny the word "hindquarters" is. That's it. And once I said the word again to tell him why I was laughing, I lost my shit for another 5 minutes. I still laugh when I think about it. It's a problem!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails