"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): She could be a farmer in those clothes

Monday, May 14, 2012

She could be a farmer in those clothes

Nate and I spent all day Saturday weeding the garden in his backyard. It seems like no one has planted anything there for years, it was full of garbage, overgrown with a million weeds and a few of the hugest old green onions I've ever seen. We pulled out everything we could, turned the soil, bought some organic compost and topsoil and spread it all out. My tiny little Chevy Aveo hatchback with like 200 pounds of shit (literally - manure joke! Zing!) in the back was a sight to see! 

Then Saturday night I worked another Bat Mitzvah for the photo booth...
Hair ribbon - it was wrapped around a blanket I bought
Dress - thrifted Banana Republic 
Watch - Billabong
Wedges - Unisa

Sunday I woke up pretty sore in odd places from all the weeding and soil hauling. But we persevered and planted peas, green beans, spinach, green onions, broccoli, and cucumbers. We're going to buy a few tomato plants rather than starting them from seeds and plant those this week too. Then we did a 2nd coat of paint on Nate's bathroom and I steam cleaned the hallway carpet. Whew! So much for relaxing on my only day off in 13 days...

Today...
Necklaces - thrifted, garage sales
T-shirt - Target
Skirt - Future Paradise
Sandals - thrifted Isaac Mizrahi for Target

And here's a photo of Nate and I at the Twins game on Friday! They won but we didn't stay until the end of the game. There was a two hour rain delay before the game so it didn't end until 12:20 am!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails