"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): Bitch, please

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Bitch, please

A bitchy shirt, to go with my bitchy dress... the collection is slowly growing. I'll be a full-fledged bitch before you know it.
11-14-12 Bitch, please.
Necklace - thrifted vintage
Blouse - thrifted Hilfiger
Skirt - thrifted vintage (no tags)
Tights - Target
Shoes - Bakers

Detail shot so you can appreciate the bitchy print and my necklace, made of the finest gold. Ok, so it's not gold. It's vintage so it's probably made of plastic that's now known to cause cancer.
blouse/necklace detail

It's good I look like a bitch today, I need it! Work has been crazy lately. My only co-worker (who only works part time anyway) is on bed rest for six weeks because she's pregnant. And she's taking six months off after the baby comes. She's already been gone for 2.5 weeks and it's starting to wear on me. Doing two people's work while still getting paid the same sad, sad public school salary (I make less than a teacher - thus all my extra jobs) is frustrating. Plus I basically am not allowed to get sick or take a day off because no one else who works here is qualified to do my job and it's near impossible to get a substitute for this position without a few weeks notice. Hopefully they are hiring someone soooooooon and until then, I'll be chained to my desk, occasionally lightly hitting my head against the wall in frustration.


P.S. Aaaaaaand just as I was rereading this post to make sure it doesn't have any glaring errors, one of my autistic students came in because she needed a break. And to talk about a little neighbor boy she hung out with dying in a car accident last week. She showed me his favorite Yu-Gi-Oh card, that his mom gave her after he died and that she now wears around her neck in an i.d. pouch. And I realized I can't complain. I love my job. Shitty pay and all. And that we're all just lucky to be alive today. 

Damnit, this post started out funny about how bitchy I look and my potentially toxic necklace and it reaaaaaaally took a turn there. Sorry! This is my life. I've always said, if my office floor didn't have a drain in it, I'd have drown in the tears of children long ago. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails