"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): The big top

Friday, September 28, 2012

The big top

9-28-12 Big top
Necklace - thrifted
Cardigan - thrifted vintage (no brand, just a big tag that says 100% acrylic)
Dress - Target
Sandals - Jessica Simpson

Ahh, the siren song of the Target 75% off clearance rack. Who can resist it? Anyway, I found this dress about a month ago for $6. It's a terrible mullet of a dress. Casual cut, casual circus-tent-like fabric, but then the back is crazy. The top is made of twisted lace and there's a big hole in the back right where your bra band is so you can't wear one. Like this (photo from Target.com):

I don't understand. But I bought it anyway, figuring 80% of the year is cardigan weather in MN so the back will never be seen. Speaking of cardigan weather, it's been so hard to dress lately! It's usually only 40 degrees in the morning when I bike to work but it's supposed to be 80 degrees by this afternoon. Today I just threw on a second cardigan, some gloves, and some leggings (and helmet, duh) and it was cold, but not too bad. Besides, it's worth it to see this on my way home every day:

Beats the heck out of staring at the back of someone's bumper (not that I drive to work ever - I take the bus... which also has awesome views - of crazy people. Seriously, the bus is the best people watching ever!)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails