"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): I'm neither, really

Thursday, September 6, 2012

I'm neither, really

Words are funny things. I think it's hilarious that this thrifted dress is made by the brand "Petite Sophisticate"... I just think it's a silly combination of words. I just Googled the brand and found out they just closed a few years ago. I also learned that anything 5'4" and under is considered "petite"... I'm only 5'3" but I've never thought of myself as petite, that word seems reserved for people who are short, yet somehow still willowy. Which I am not. I am also not sophisticated, as evidenced by my large forearm bruise (I accidentally smashed it in the all steel bench of the photo booth on Sunday) and the fact that I am wearing bike shorts under this dress.
9-6-12 Neither, really
Cardigan - Old Navy
Dress - thrifted Petite Sophisticate
Wedges - Franco Sarto

Speaking of which, I finally got to ride my bike to work today! After I tore a calf muscle, I was nervous to bike to summer school - it's about 5 miles each way and I was afraid my leg would start to hurt part way there and I'd be stuck walking my bike the rest of the way and being super late to work. So I just avoided it all summer. But I got the ok from the doctor to start running on August 1 and that's been fine (but I've still been taking it slow and only slowly increasing my distance). I went biking a few times last week and it was fine so - wooooooooooooooooo! I like, I like to ride my bike (nerd alert).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails