"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): In the navy

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

In the navy

Yet another dress that I struggle to style... with the ruffled collar and ruffled sleeves, there's not much room for accessories so I took it in the other direction and went totally monochrome on it today!

Dress - thrifted Lady Carol Petites of NY (previously worn 1, 2, 3)
Tights - DKNY
Shoes - Madeline


I was torn today on whether or not to blog today... I totally oppose SOPA & PIPA, which you can read about here, among many other places. I totally understand what they are trying to do with the bill (end piracy), but I also understand what the bill will do (destroy the internet, basically). 

In other news, I'm volunteering at a food shelf tonight and I'm so excited! For some reason, when I was little, I thought it would be so fun to work in a grocery store. Scanning items and listening to the beep just seemed like the best job ever. I've never worked in a grocery store, but I do enjoy the self check-out lanes for that exact reason! The scan and beep! So... maybe tonight will be like working in a grocery store too? Stocking shelves! Woo! My mom told me when she was little, she wanted to work in a toll booth, because she loved making change with coins. My dad told me that his dream job as a kid was to be the guy on the caboose of the train, who signaled if the cars became detached. What about you? Any strange jobs you dreamed of as a kid that you would hate to do now?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails