"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): Huge collars and band jackets

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Huge collars and band jackets

Saturday night I had to work a corporate holiday party for the photo booth. I don't know what this particular company does, but man they must have some $$$. They were giving away laptops and ipads and DSLR cameras and even had a "talent show" with only three participants and the winner got a thousand dollars. A THOUSAND.  I know that working at a school and for non-profits my whole life, I will never make any real money, but jeez! That is just so crazy to me! Anyway here's the photo booth outfit:

Dress - Target Go International
Watch - Michael Kors
Tights - Cynthia Rowley
Shoes - Sam & Libbey, inherited from sister

And today:
Jacket - vintage via eBay
T-shirt - Target
Jeans - Gap
Shoes - thrifted Enzo Angiolini

I bought this jacket a few years ago when the whole "band jacket" thing was all the rage. It has a tag inside that says it belonged to Joe Abrams in 1922. As in 90 years ago! It's from the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks and it's awesome. I had yesterday off for MLK day and spent the whole day babysitting my nephew Henrik, then I went ice skating and out to dinner with a friend who is in town from San Fransisco! A perfect day off!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails