"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): Anchors Aweigh

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Anchors Aweigh

I'm not usually into the whole "nautical" look, but I couldn't resist wearing this little anchor sweater! I found it over Christmas break at a resale shop that was going out of business in a town in Wisconsin that's so small it's not even a town; it's an "unincorporated township." It cost $0.25. Score!

Glasses - thrifted American Optical, lenses replaced
Cardigan - thrifted vintage (no tags)
Anchor sweater - thrifted vintage Joyce
Necklace - thrifted
Jeans - Gap
Shoes - thrifted Minnetonka Moccasin

Sweater detail (look at the little knit rope!)... and showing you that it's short sleeved, which will be cute when it's not 5 degrees out. 


Unfortunately everything else at the little shop sucked, which was too bad since everything cost a quarter. Seriously. But it's one of those weird small town in the middle of nowhere things... like when I spent 10 hours wandering home from my parents house in WI last summer, stopping at a ton of tiny thrift stores. Often times, unless someone recently cleaned out 50 years worth of clothes, most of the stuff in the store is going to come from Wal-Mart, because Wal-Mart is the only store around. Eh, as they say, I'm in it for "the thrill of the hunt" anyway, so I don't mind digging through terrible clothes for an hour and only coming away with one awesome $0.25 treasure. It's still a "win" in my book!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails