"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): Dip dye

Friday, July 27, 2012

Dip dye

Today was the final day of the first session of summer school. The kids and I ground wheat into flour with a wheat mill. Then we used the flour to make our own homemade pasta. We had the sauce made from our farmer's market veggies yesterday. We also had a salad made of lettuce we grew ourselves. It was sad saying goodbye to them even though the class was only 3 weeks long! 

A couple weeks ago I found a Target brand empire-waist maternity dress that was way too big for me and well, I'm not pregnant. But it was $1 at the thrift store, which is a good deal just for the fabric! So I turned it into this skirt (which took all of 15 mins)!
7-27-12 Dip dye

Blouse - Cynthia Rowley
Bangles - thrifted, garage sales, flea markets, etc
Skirt - DIY
Loafers - Liz Claiborne

Last night Nate and I went to Broadway Pizza (which was my favorite pizza to begin with) and now they have the best topping on Earth... jalapeno bacon. Wrap your mind around that. So delicious. Then we went to see the River Rats waterski show. It's free every Thursday night at 7pm and right across the street from the pizza place (the NE location on Broadway).

River RatsRiver RatsRiver Rats
River Rats

The idea of waterskiing in the Mississippi River is pretty unappealing to me, but my friend Meghan has been in the show for years and they always look like they're having so much fun!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails