"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): Green, green grass

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Green, green grass

Since I'll be hiding indoors (or at least away from all crowds) for St. Patrick's Day, which has been kidnapped and turned into the douchiest of all holidays, I figured I'd bust out the bright green a bit early today!

Glasses - thrifted vintage, lenses replaced
Jean jacket - thrifted Gap Kids, over-bleached by me
Dress - thrifted vintage handmade
Bangles - thrifted, garage sales, flea markets, etc
Shoes - thrifted Nine West


It's "Pi Day" (3.14) so I guess you're supposed to eat pie today to celebrate... Unfortunately I don't like pie. I don't consider myself a picky eater, but I am VERY particular about fruit. I love fruit, when it's fruit. Plain, raw fruit. I do not want you to bake it or puree it with sugar to make a jelly or jam or sauce or swirl it into ice cream. I never have, even as a kid I hated jelly and fruit Pop Tarts and pies. Even smoothies (which I make every weekday) are not allowed to have anything but fruit, juice, veggies, and ice. No yogurt or milk or whatever. Just fruit, veggies and ice. 

I don't know what it is, it's the one weird eating habit from childhood that I can't get over. If I'm at someone's house and they make a pie, I will eat it. I will hate it but I will eat it so that I'm not rude (except for my very best friends who know about my weird fruit thing and would never expect me to eat it). The only thing I like involving fruit, other than raw fruit is banana bread. No idea why. Anyone else have odd rules about fruit? Sorry, that was a helluva Pi Day tangent...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails