"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): Me, but shinier

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Me, but shinier

Today is "Celebrity Day" for Spirit Week at my school. Last year, I dressed as Mary Kate Olsen and scared all the kids. Well, at least one classroom of kindergarteners and their teacher, who saw me in the hall and didn't recognize me and thought I was a "crazy homeless lady." This year I didn't put in much effort because it's HARD to look like a celebrity! Most of them just wear regular clothes and I certainly can't get all Lady Gaga at work. So I figured celebrities are like regular people... only shinier. Enter sequin dress.
12-14-11 Me, but shinier.
Long sleeve tee - Target
Dress - Hayden Harnett
Tights - Cynthia Rowley
Shoes - Unlisted by Kenneth Cole, inherited from sister

Tonight I'm taking my sister to see Roger's and Hammerstein's Cinderella for her birthday (which is tomorrow)! I'm super excited, we LOVED this musical as kids. And I can get "educator" rush tickets for only $30 (instead of $65-$93). Whoopie!

Fun fact: The previous middle school where I worked did this musical and I costumed it! HUGE pain is the butt, sooooo much sewing for very little money, but it was worth it to see kids actually care about something and practice it every day until it was perfect. Cute!

Also, I added a bunch of art to my little homegoods etsy shop






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails