"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): 8-year-old me is very happy

Monday, December 5, 2011

8-year-old me is very happy

The 8-year-old version of me would be very happy with this 1980s Esprit skirt, because at the time, I thought pink and black together were the height of sophistication. Then my neighbor friend, Lil, told me that only hookers wore pink and black (or worse, red and black) together. That was the end of me wearing my uber-cool black swimsuit with pink roses on it. I didn't want people driving by as I ran through the sprinkler in the yard to think I was a hooker (not that I knew exactly what that meant, but I knew it was bad.)
12-5-11 8 year old me is very happy...
Blazer - thrifted JH Collectables
Shirt - JC Penney?
Skirt - thrifted Esprit
Tights - Cynthia Rowley
Shoes - Seychelles

I'm taking back the pink and black color combo. Sorry, Lil. Clearly I'm a hooker.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails