"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): Safety pin blazer

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Safety pin blazer

I cannot resist a tiny little boys blazer. Seriously, I thrift them all the time for like $3. I have a tuxedo one with satin trim, some wool ones, some polyester, some black, some navy... etc. So I pulled out one of the navy ones with gold buttons and went to town with some brass safety pins! Now the lapels are awesome and judging by the reaction of my students in the hour I've been at work... this is the coolest thing I've ever worn.
Blazer - thrifted little boys, brass safety pins added by me
Shirt - JC Penney clearance
Pants - secondhand Marni
Shoes - Melissa

Shoes:


Lapels:

So easy and so cool! I think the brass color takes away the corniness of safety pins and makes them less "13 year old goth customizing her hoodie from Hot Topic" and more "runway fashion"...

15 comments:

C said...

Woah. That just might be the coolest thing you've ever worn. That is supremely badass.

Rebecca said...

You are so creative. The brass color and the fact that the pins are on a blazer makes it totally different from a punk/goth look. Love it!

Unknown said...

This is a really awesome look, I agree with the kids! There is definitely no goth vibe at all :)

Rad said...

So creative and crafty. I love it.
Also those shoes are amazing. I kind of want to eat them (like Sal has demonstrated)

veronika, tick tock vintage. said...

awesome! i don't get the hot-topic vibe at all - especially with, uh, marni pants?! what an amazing find!

The Suburb Experiment said...

I may need to steal this from you. The idea, not the actual blazer. Heh.

Jenn

Nicky said...

You are so fearless. I often think of you when I am trying to be fearless myself.

Anna said...

Awesome. I wish I could pull off little boys blazers (or blazers in general) but the restrictiveness of them makes me think of "fat guy in a little coat" everytime I try them. You, on the other hand, totally rock them.

Raquelita said...

This is genius! I don't think I can fit into a boy's blazer due to the shoulders and boobage, but if I come across a navy blazer in Goodwill, I am gonna have to copy this idea!

Kathryn from Schoolmarm Style said...

I absolutely LOVE this look. I haven't had a ton of luck thrifting boy's blazers, but I'll have to keep looking.

thatdamngreendress said...

Love, love it! The pins are great- so Vivienne Westwood in primary school!

I also love checking out the kids section- sometimes the colours and cuts are just so much cuter!

Rebeccak said...

Love it! Those safety pins are fantastic.

kellyroy68 said...

Your shoes rock and I like your overall style.Is the standing on a staircase a trademark of yours?

Kimberly said...

I couldn't agree more with the anti-goth comment. I love it!!

Hmm, I see a trip to the Dollar Tree for some safety pins in my near future!

lawyerdoll said...

Want those blueberry shoes... I've never seen anything like them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails