"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): The precious tree

Thursday, October 28, 2010

The precious tree

This outfit kinda makes me feel like a Target employee... but mostly it makes me feel like I fell out of the precious tree and hit every limb on the way down.

Cardigan - thrifted, vintage
Seagull pins - eBay
T-shirt - Target
Skirt - thrifted Banana Republic
Lace tights - little girls section at Target
Boots - Diba via DSW
The cutest little seagulls in zee world!

Every fall, I'm all "Oh yeah! I'm going to wake up 30 seconds earlier so I can take a coat picture every day because I have one million coats!" And then I'm running out the door to the bus stop with my gloves in my mouth and dashing back inside because I forgot my coffee on the table again, and I realize I never took a coat picture. I never do. Let's try it again, shall we?! About 90% of my coats are vintage, but I found this brown houndstooth one at TJ Maxx three years ago for $7, so I think I've gotten my money's worth out of it...
Coat - Sashimi via TJ Maxx
Scarf - TJ Maxx

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the gulls! And I look forward to meeting your coat collection.

archives vintage said...

oh my gosh - i ADORE that cardigan!!!

Nicola said...

Lovely coat, there's a similar one in H&M at the moment that I really like, but it's a lot more than $7.

sartoriography said...

I think you couldn't be more correct about getting the heck smacked out of you on the fall out of the Precious Tree. This outfit is killing me with its aborableness. I LOVE that cardigan!

I have a very similar outerwear/photo dilemma and a likewise massive addiction to vintage coats. Glad you got a shot of this one. It's perfect for this outfit and definitely well worth $7.

Nicky said...

I love coats and outerwear so much because truthfully they are seen more than any outfit in the cold weather.

jesse.anne.o said...

I love those seagulls - they're my favorite! And I like that coat a lot.

Raquelita said...

Oh, zey are cute! The lace tights here amp up the precious factor!

C said...

Well, who's to say that Target employees aren't born in the precious tree? :)

Seriously, though, I love this! The pins are the perfect touch.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails