"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): The precious tree

Thursday, October 28, 2010

The precious tree

This outfit kinda makes me feel like a Target employee... but mostly it makes me feel like I fell out of the precious tree and hit every limb on the way down.

Cardigan - thrifted, vintage
Seagull pins - eBay
T-shirt - Target
Skirt - thrifted Banana Republic
Lace tights - little girls section at Target
Boots - Diba via DSW
The cutest little seagulls in zee world!

Every fall, I'm all "Oh yeah! I'm going to wake up 30 seconds earlier so I can take a coat picture every day because I have one million coats!" And then I'm running out the door to the bus stop with my gloves in my mouth and dashing back inside because I forgot my coffee on the table again, and I realize I never took a coat picture. I never do. Let's try it again, shall we?! About 90% of my coats are vintage, but I found this brown houndstooth one at TJ Maxx three years ago for $7, so I think I've gotten my money's worth out of it...
Coat - Sashimi via TJ Maxx
Scarf - TJ Maxx

8 comments:

Sal said...

Love the gulls! And I look forward to meeting your coat collection.

archives said...

oh my gosh - i ADORE that cardigan!!!

Nicola said...

Lovely coat, there's a similar one in H&M at the moment that I really like, but it's a lot more than $7.

sartoriography said...

I think you couldn't be more correct about getting the heck smacked out of you on the fall out of the Precious Tree. This outfit is killing me with its aborableness. I LOVE that cardigan!

I have a very similar outerwear/photo dilemma and a likewise massive addiction to vintage coats. Glad you got a shot of this one. It's perfect for this outfit and definitely well worth $7.

Nicky said...

I love coats and outerwear so much because truthfully they are seen more than any outfit in the cold weather.

jesse.anne.o said...

I love those seagulls - they're my favorite! And I like that coat a lot.

La Historiadora de Moda said...

Oh, zey are cute! The lace tights here amp up the precious factor!

Between Laundry Days said...

Well, who's to say that Target employees aren't born in the precious tree? :)

Seriously, though, I love this! The pins are the perfect touch.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails