"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): My feedsack dress

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

My feedsack dress

This dress/tunic thing is awesome. I found it on eBay years ago for something like $8? It's very old and thin, hand-sewn, and probably a feedsack dress for a little girl? I don't think they made tunics back then...
Pearl collar - eBay
Necklaces - garage sale, thrift store
Feedsack shirt - eBay
Bangle - thrifted
Pants - Earnest Sewn
Shoes - Seychelles

Shoes, necklaces, collar:


I am going to San Francisco soon-ish to visit some friends and I've never been there before! (2010 = year of the vacation. In less than one year I went on a Caribbean cruise; to Seoul, Korea; to Wisconsin to stay with parents for two weeks; a road trip in South Dakota; Washington D.C.; New York City; and now San Francisco. I am so spoiled.) Any suggestions for places to see/shop/eat/etc in San Fran? My friends have lived there a few months so I'm sure they have ideas but I'd love to hear some more, especially since I will be on my own until the afternoon for two of the days! Thanks in advance for your sage advice!

Edit: Since I just found out about Blogging for Breast Cancer AWEARness, and only own like three pink things...  these shoes totally count, yes?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, I've got LOADS of SF advice! Drop me a note ...

Rebecca said...

I want all of the accessories that you wore for these pictures! Those shoes are fantastic and so are the necklaces!

Pamela said...

Being a fan of all things tunic and t-shirty, I adore your top! Have fun in SF (chowder along the wharf, yum yum!).

http://greatwhitetee.blogspot.com/

Erin said...

Rent a bike at Fisherman's Wharf and bike the Golden Gate! Mucho fun.

Anna said...

Your accessories are awesome! Well done!

jesse.anne.o said...

I love removable collars. That dress/tunic is cute.

Anonymous said...

How cool is that pearl collar?! I've never seen anything like it. And the shoes are so amazing!

Fel said...

Hm, I've been around 10 years ago, for a school trip...what I most distinctly remember are: the Japanese tea garden, the Exploratorium, and Fisherman's Wharf with Ripley's and Ghirardelli Square. I bought chocolate-flavoured pasta, mhh. :)
A friend of mine is currently living there, too, to finish her PhD at Berkeley - I SO wish I had the money to visit. I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself!

Ena said...

Love that dress! And I love all the cream tone accessories you selected. So pretty!

*Ena*

Unknown said...

I love those shoes!

hELLA Void said...

SF advice: stay away from fisherman's wharf, nuthin to see. Go thrifting in the mission or on haight street, rent a bike on haight street & stanyan and bike over the bridge and down to the ocean and back. Spend a day in GG Park, go to the japanese tea garden & get tea, go to the deyoung and the california academy of sciences. Crissy field is a better walk along the water. Go to the farmer's market (thurs and Sat) in the Ferry building.

C said...

Um, DAMN, I love this! What an unbelievably rad "tunic"!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails