"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): Another hippie Friday....

Friday, October 1, 2010

Another hippie Friday....

When I wore my patchwork Army-issed shirt last Friday, it reminded me of these old pants I made when I was 20. So I decided to dig them out and have another hippie Friday! I totally wore these pants on my 21st birthday for my first trip to the bar! I also have an old pair I embroidered little stuff on... I don't know if those will fit anymore,because they were from when I was like 18...
Hair scarf - one of my great-grandma's old cloth napkins
Scarf - TJ Maxx
T-shirt - Target
Jeans - thrifted Abercrombie, patches added by me 9 years ago
Bangles - thrifted
Shoes - Madden Girl

I love wearing these napkins as hair scarves. They are so soft and the perfect size for my big ol' head! My great-grandma died when I was pretty young, maybe like 9 or 10? I don't remember much about when she died but I do remember wanting these napkins! When I was a kid, I had this crazy tangle of super-thick long red hair. One weekend I was running wild in her yard and went down to the creek to catch frogs with my grandpa and then we went to go slide down the gravel pits (my favorite!), and when I came back I had this windswept mass of gravel-dusted hair. I started picking raspberries in her yard and she came out and tied one in my hair to keep it from getting in my face and told me it made me look like Cinderella. Then we ate raspberries and drank 7-Up (OMG, getting a soda was SUCH a big deal!)

Have a fabulous weekend, duderinos! I am going to a Twins game tonight, the Renaissance Faire tomorrow to drink beer and watch the nerds in their natural habitat, and watching foooooooooooootball on Sunday! Have fun!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd take offense at the RenFaire comment ... except it's true. (At least it's not nerd mating season; I don't think) :-P

Such a sweet story about your great-grandma, and a fun hippie look. Lord, my style was all kinds of hippie back in college, and I know I'll always respond to patchwork and fringe.

Rebecca said...

I love people watching at the Ren Fest. It is fun to see people in their costumes.

I like the napkin as a hair scarf idea.

C said...

Yay for hippie Friday! I love hippie Christine.

And thanks for sharing the sweet story about your great-grandma. It totally brought me back to picking blackberries in my grandmother's yard, as a kid.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails