"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): spring in bloom and bloomers

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

spring in bloom and bloomers

Much to my surprise, these got many compliments from the teachers (and mostly puzzled looks from the students)...
Necklace - thrifted
Silk dress - thrifted Nine West
Seafoam lace bloomers - thrifted
Sandals - thrifted 

I found these bloomers last month when I fell off the thrifting wagon and bought like six vintage slips. I love them. I pranced around downtown on my lunch hour and was stared at more than a few times. I love when it first gets warm here and everyone comes out of hibernation. I went on a 12 mile bike ride yesterday around a few of the lakes and there were SO many people out (and I SO have not ridden at all since like October - my butt hurts today!) On my walk downtown, everyone was walking around, eating outside, I saw a ton of street performers (three guitarists, a trumpet player, a sax player, a violinist, a three man doo-wop band, and a crazy old clown making balloon animals). Whoo! I'm off to go running, nothing else new to report except I have my first pregnant teen on my hands at work, which is a little scary to me, but she'll be fine. I know it.

5 comments:

Paulette said...

Ok, I admit it...I want your dress just for the fabric.... :)

Anonymous said...

Bloomers! You are too awesome for words.

I'm biking to work tomorrow - a 12-mile roundtrip - and seriously scared of the tired. I also haven't biked since about October. Oh, squishy winter body ...

elena-lu said...

oh man i bet you got some stares! woohoo you are too cute in those!!
hope you have a good day ;)

*Sally* said...

This dress is amazing! I love it!

@wesome@bby said...

OK, I'm lusting after the dress.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails