"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): the important stuff

Friday, April 24, 2009

the important stuff

One of the fourth grade classes at my school got a new Anole today. What's that? This!
It's a little lizard that changes colors and eats crickets. And what is this Anole's name? Christine! Oh my goodness, when the kids came down to my office to tell me that they were naming it after me, I really almost cried. I can't believe how lucky I have to a have a job that I LOVE and where I am loved in return.

Speaking of luck, I am so lucky to have my friend Daniel in my life. My Thursday date. Every week. For years now. And hopefully, for the rest of my life! Yesterday we went to the park and went on the swings. Then we walked around this pond (about a mile) then Daniel wanted to walk backwards around the whole pond. Which we did. It took about 20 minutes to walk around it regular, then around an hour to walk around it walking backwards. Then we made pizza from scratch and then we stopped to get some cake batter ice cream. Man oh man, do I love this kid. 



Why am I dressed like I'm at a resort? My work is a crazy modern building where most of the exterior walls are glass. Due to a "green initiative" (yay!) we can't turn on the A/C until at least May 1st... the thermometer in my room read 83 degrees today (and I know, what a Minnesota thing to start whining about the heat as soon as we can stop whining about the cold... I just want to be sweating outside, not sweating at my desk!)
Cardigan - thrifted sample from Fake Target
T-shirt - Target
Skirt - thrifted
Shoes - Chinese Laundry

Alright kids, go have a good weekend, full of the important stuff! I'm off to watch the Twins (very important) and tomorrow I have to waitress the fancy pants $80 a plate wine dinner, and hopefully will play some baseball on Sunday (please don't rain!)

2 comments:

x said...

that lizard is adorable! you certainly seem popular . . . kids don't name their pets after you unless they really love you

elena-lu said...

oh my goodness they named it after you??!! how awesome!!!! you are soooo loved no doubt!! very cool girly!!! yay

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails