"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): I know, it's a bit much

Saturday, July 19, 2008

I know, it's a bit much

Went to Ryan's last night. Watched Twins game (yes! They won, again!) Ate sushi (again! I seriously eat sushi like 2-3 times every week. I'm addicted and I don't care.) Went to Mortimer's and had a few too many cocktails (again!). Anyway, I've had this "necklace" that I have been meaning to wear. The reason I put necklace in quotes is, well, it's not a necklace but I say it is. It is actually a jump rope from Mexico that is made of rubberbands. It is a bit much, but I rocked it pretty hard.
Photobucket
See... rubber bands. A $1 investment from a thrift store that totally makes the outfit... don't worry, it hasn't been jumped with. It's brand spanking new.
Photobucket
The only problem is, while wearing it, I always smell rubberbands. It's not the worst smell, but it's a bit much.

2 comments:

E said...

Seriously, you have the best thrifting finds. What stores do you find has the best to offer? I've only been to a few, Tatters being my favorite as far as the atmosphere, but I got so easily discouraged that I left within 5 minutes of being there! Do you have any suggestions?

FutureLint said...

I love Unique (both the one in NE MPLS and the one in St. Paul). I also go to Valu Thrift in Maplewood, since it is right by the golf club I work at. This jumprope/necklace is from the Hopkins Goodwill. I also love the Arc's Value Village in New Hope and Bloomington. Seriously, the key is just to go a lot. I grew up going to thrift stores so have developed a patience for digging. Good luck!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails