"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): Mickey and Eames

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Mickey and Eames

IMG_0173
Glasses - thrifted vintage American Optical, lenses replaced
Blazer - thrifted JH Collectables
Shirt - thrifted Mickey & Co.
Skirt - American Apparel
Tights - Cynthia Rowley
Wedges - Ralph Lauren

I can never resist an old Mickey Mouse shirt or sweater when I find one at the thrift store. So two weeks ago I stopped in an estate sale that said the person was a Disney collector. She sure did have a TON of shirts and sweatshirts but most of them were too big and too modern for my tastes. I wandered around the house and stopped in the basement. Next to the furnace, I saw a chair that was buried under a small filing cabinet, some linens, and a cushion. I pulled the stuff off the top and tried to remain calm as I looked at the chair. I flipped it over and there I saw a paper tag and embossing in the fiberglass - Herman Miller. It was an Eames! I plunked down my $5 and got the hell outta there, trying not to scratch it as I shakily loaded it in my tiny hatchback. As stupid as it sounds, I've always dreamed of finding an Eames ridiculously cheap at a garage sale or thrift store and now it's happened! Wooooop! It's fun doing research on it too! I've learned it's a DSS 1956 in Seal Brown fiberglass (which is a rare color) with stacking legs. And worth $300-$400! 

My chocolate brown Eames DSS

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails