"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): A sporting we will go

Thursday, February 7, 2013

A sporting we will go

Today is "Sports Day" for spirit week at my school. (Speaking of which, after I put up my post yesterday, I saw one of the Kindergarten teachers in her wedding dress for Formal Day - it was AMAZING!) I'm a big Twins and Vikings fan but I don't really care about hockey or basketball, which are the two sports in season right now... so I'm supporting spring training! I found this sweatshirt for $5 at an antique shop in the middle of nowhere when I went camping with Nate's family last July. It was a really awesome yet heartbreaking antique shop. We looked through the whole downstairs and all I found that I wanted was this sweatshirt. Then I went upstairs and discovered an entire floor of the most beautiful and impeccable vintage clothes I have ever seen... unfortunately the upstairs was the Historical Society, not the antique shop, so none of it was for sale! Eh, it's good that it's there being displayed and preserved for the future. Besides, I wouldn't have known what to do with Victorian mourning clothes anyway! I sure wish I could've taken some of the '20s to '70s stuff off their hands though! 

2-7-13 Sports day
Hair scarf - thrifted vintage
Polo - from when I was a bev cart girl at a golf course
Sweatshirt - vintage Twins (from an antique shop)
Jeans - Gap
Boots - Rockport

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails