"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): A rainbow and a wolf

Thursday, August 16, 2012

A rainbow and a wolf

Yesterday... worn to teach summer school, make and eat a ton of homemade soft pretzels, watch a bunch of old 30 Rock episodes with Nate, then go on a midnight mission to move my student's potted kale plants from out in the open to under an awning (it was going to storm and damn if I'm going to let their plants die on the 2nd to last day of class!)

8-15-12 She's like a rainbow
Necklaces - DIY by me
T-shirt - Target
Jeans - Earnest Sewn
Wedges - Nine West Vintage America Collection

I made a ton of these necklaces two years ago out of cotton clothes line and either embroidery floss or hand-spun yarn.
DIY necklaces


Today... worn to take the summer school kids on a field trip to a local farm! We tasted a bunch of raw veggies, helped clean onions, and picked yellow and green beans!
8-16-12 A wolf on the farm
Cardigan - thrifted school uniform, back patch added by me (patch was from an estate sale)
Shirt - J.Crew outlet
Jeans - Gap
Shoes - Minnetonka Moccasin

The back... I doubt an actual wolf would be welcome on the farm.
8-16-12 Back


Some photos from the farm today...

We took a "shortcut" through this corn field and rows of cabbages.
cabbagecorn field
Brussel sprouts (my faves!) and the yellow beans we picked!
the yellow beans we pickedbrussel sprouts
These were, hands down, the best grapes I've ever tasted in my life.
the most delicious grapes I've EVER eaten

OMG, farm day is my favorite! Makes me want to move to a farm!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails