"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): I love Halloween and voting!

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I love Halloween and voting!

So, here is the Frida Kahlo costume. Ugly? Yes. Still awesome? I think so. The joys of having a boyfriend, I can rock a unibrow and mustache. 

My parents were up this weekend but spent Friday and Saturday night at my sister's house. They know how passionate I am about Halloween (they were the ones who raised me thinking everyone started preparing for Halloween in August. We always made our own costumes, well my mom would with our help, and we also always had a huge party for all our friends in my parents huge spooky barn that was built in the late 1800s. There were games, food, candy galore and a haunted house in the attic of the barn. It was quite an undertaking every year.) Here's Monday's outfit (I know, one day late for Dia de los Muertos):

Calavera T-shirt - FutureLint (aka me!)
Skirt - thrifted Liz Claiborn
Shoes - BCBG


And today's VOTING OUTFIT!

Scarf - thrifted
T-Shirt - Fake Target
Dress - thrifted Divided
Boots - Seychelles


I feel so lucky that my precinct is well equipped for voter turn out. I went at 4pm when I was done with work and was in and out within 15 minutes! Whoo! Now I am off to Ryan's to get ready for tonight's "Political Party". All my friends are political nerds and several of them work in politics. We'll all be glued to the TV, watching the results roll in... again. Don't even get me started on the 2000 election, we gave up and went to bed when the sun came up. This year I'm making homemade soft pretzels which are awesome and my friends always want but I only make a few times a year cause they are a pain in the booty (or in the hands, dang does kneading suck) and they take forever to make. I'm also mixing up a few batches of blue cocktails, or "Baracktails". Har har. I'm off and will hopefully be yelling cheerful things at the TV and not naughty words! I'm pretty sure Obama's got it in the bag, but you never know and don't even get me started on that pesky Al Franken vs. Norm Coleman race. Laterz!

1 comment:

Benni said...

You really transformed yourself. Wow!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails