"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): I am shallow

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I am shallow

Daily existential crisis... I should not care about clothes. Again, try as I may to think of it as a form of expression and blah blah blah, I just feel shallow. I am finally reading a book my brother-in-law gave me for Christmas like 3 years ago. It's really good in a Oprah sort of way but reading all day about a midget harboring Jews in Nazi Germany while tending to a confused weeping teenager who tore something in her knee during gym and had to go get x-rays and an MRI makes my life seem so small. Don't worry, I encounter this problem all the time. The worst was when I got back from volunteering at an orphanage in the Dominican Republic and refused to eat anything but like rice and water for a month and gave a LOT of excellent clothes away.

Also, I know there is nothing I can do about it, cause well life is messy but I hate that I have to spend so much of my day maintaining my life. And I don't even have that much maintenance. I can't even imagine the time and effort it takes for girls who dye their hair or go tanning or wear foundation and etc. This whole showering, laundry, doing dishes, cleaning and vacuuming thing is the pits. I think I've figured it out-- all things involving soap inherently suck but are oh so necessary on this continent. Boo.

Ok, now that that's all out, here is my little scarf which you could see the beginnings of here I had some old grey yarn about and just knitted it plainly, now I'm weaving some hand spun (not by me) yarn through it and I'm not done yet, but you get the idea. I knitted most of it during football Sunday at Kai's -- Hi, not only am I the only chick in a room of nine dudes, but now I'm knitting during football. Geez, bring on the jokes boys. I really need a friend who's a girl. At least Megan and Megan, my two bestest ladies are heading to town for Christmas so I'll get to see them for a few days and drown myself in some estrogen.


Also here is a blurry shot of me when I left for work this morning...

And a shot from about two hours ago...

Oh, how I evolve during the afternoon! I'm motivated to try to look like a responsible adult in the AM, but by the time I get home from work I'm cold and want to wear moccasins not heels and this is how I wind up wandering around. (Yes, I am wearing a little boys plaid jacket, a faux furry vest, pastel plaid scarf and vintage moccasins. All at once.) Sorry to the people in my life who only see the night me.

And just so I feel less shallow, here is my absolute favorite pair of shoes:

Oh, baseball, how I miss you! I am already mad at the Minnesota winter for keeping us apart. You are my favorite little shoes and thank you for all your base running this summer. But I'm sorry to tell you that if the house was on fire, you'd have to get in line behind the Kors and Maddens and Docs and vintage heels. You'd be a gonner babies.

2 comments:

madam0wl, a.k.a Sandra said...

I really like that scarf! Also the belt(?) w/ the skirt outfit here.

@wesome@bby said...

ooooh...i LOVE baseball! no wonder i like you...you knit AND love the all-American game! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails