"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): Whoo! Day offs!

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Whoo! Day offs!

Yay, I have today off and everyone else has to work (well, everyone I know). I've already been to the grocery store to get the stuff I need for Thanksgiving with the boys tomorrow and have been crafting all morning and will continue to craft and sew all afternoon! Go me! I also need to screenprint a few t-shirts at some point, but I think I'll put that off til like Friday.

I covered an ugly plastic bangle I got at a thrift store for a quarter with thread. I think I will make several of them and wear them all at once. Attempt #1 = success. I also taught myself to crochet. I've known how to knit for years and my grandma tried to teach me to crochet when I was little and it made me really mad and frustrated. I'm just not that dexterous. But, now, attempt #2 = success. I will have to rip it out and start over cause I started too tight, but pumpkin orange giant crocheted cowl, here I come!


I'm also covering some spheres in thread just like I did on the bracelet. A necklace at some point perhaps. Success #3. I am also going to go upstairs and start sewing a poofy skirt out of this fabric with one of these big industrial zippers on each side. Whoo! Hopefully it will turn out and I shall update you with success #4 photos soon!


Ok, laterz, must go sew and cook and crochet and cover things in string and do whatever else my little heart desires, including wearing this all day (I have a really bad habit of wearing my knit hats REALLY low over my eyes. I can barely see where I'm going when I snowboard. It's ok though, I can see just enough.) Have a good thanksgiving and don't let your family make you feel like a wierdo (is this a universal problem or is it just my family? my grandmother still calls me "ragamuffin" cause, well, she doesn't get it...)


ooh, P.S. up next on the crafting/sewing list? fixing up a pair of sandals I got for $1 at a outlet store, sewing some sequin pants (once I am done with the poofy skirt with bad-ass zips), and scrubbing my new vintage train case with a Mr. Clean magic eraser and praying to the stain gods that it comes out immaculate!

Also, coming soon in vintage finds, a crazy military Jerrell (from Project Runway) inspired hat! and fur collars to wear with EVERYTHING!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails