"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): Engage! Engage!

Friday, June 7, 2013

Engage! Engage!

IT'S THE LAST DAY OF SCHOOOOOOOOL! Woo! Even though it's like 50 degrees outside, it is in fact, time for summer break. I'm so excited! I love my job, but working 60 hours week the past two months has been rough and I'm ready to take it easy for a while (relatively speaking.) Nate is picking me up from work today, then we're gonna quick go take engagement/save-the-date photos at the photo booth office, then we're heading out of town to go camping with his family! Yay!

IMG_1681
Necklace - belonged to my great-grandma B.
Oxford - F. by Faconnable (inherited from aunt)
Jeans - Earnest Sewn
Shoes - Minnetonka Moccasin

I wore this shirt and necklace specifically today because I knew I was taking my engagement photos and wanted something to wear something that was secretly a bit special/sentimental to me. Since we're doing them in the photo booth, you won't see my old holey jeans, so don't worry about the fact that I'm dressed like Elly May Clampett today. This shirt belonged to my aunt/godmother before she died of breast cancer three and half years ago...

My aunt and I, long ago

And the Jade necklace belonged to my great-grandma B, whom I was kinda obsessed with in middle school. Hmm, I don't have any photos scanned of her (will resolve that next time I visit the 'rents) but she was awesome and in my mind is perpetually wearing a blue Gucci sweatshirt. Amazing.

IMG_1683

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails