"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): Over the moon!

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Over the moon!

Sorry for the absence yesterday, I needed a day off because it was the craziest weekend! In the best possible way! On Friday night I was up until like 4am heat-setting shirts for my t-shirt sale at the Walker Art Center. I felt weird because earlier that day I finally got my windows replaced by the construction dudes but they hadn't replaced one window yet and still needed to do the screens, so I couldn't put up my blinds. So all my neighbors in my condo complex got a great view of me, ironing for six hours on a Friday night. I'm pretty sure they all think I'm crazy OCD about wrinkles now, but whateves. On Saturday I got up and dragged all my boxes down to the museum and set up shop. And... it went AWESOME! Better than I ever dared hope! I sold a ton of shirts, I ran out of over half my designs, everyone loved my business name and my hand-cut, hand-stamped business cards (apparently I'm really into hard, repetitive work?), and the woman who runs the museum's gift shop said that she will email me because they are interested in selling my designs on a permanent basis! Wa-hoooooooooo! I was looking forward to a little break from printing shirts, but I already have 12 shirts to print for orders that were placed when I started running out of stock. Oh well, it's a good problem to have!

So here is yesterday ( I took the picture upstairs because the window dudes were downstairs again)
Jean jacket - thrifted
Dress - thrifted Ann Taylor Loft
Belt - thrifted
Shoes - Pierre Hardy for GAP via Geometric Sleep

Today (if you look on my left hand you can see the big burn from where I accidentally touched myself with the iron around 1am on Friday):
T-shirt - Target
Necklace - vintage via Ruby Lane
Belt - thrifted
Jeans - Armani Exchange via consignment
Shoes - Madeline

Today's outfit is all about the gigantic articulated goldfish necklace:
So excited! Tonight I am going to my first MN Twins baseball game at the new outdoor Target Field! About 9 of us are riding bikes down to the stadium and my favorite pitcher is starting tonight! Yay!

6 comments:

mariel said...

i heart the fact that you keep up with the posts even if there's construction at your place. also, i hope you sold a bunch of tshirts! ps: i heart that goldfish pendant. :)

C said...

I gotta tell you, it's almost a bit disconcerting to see you posing somewhere other than the stairs (I felt the same way about the picture of you in the nurses office). But it's also awesome. And I ADORE that goldfish pendant!

Raquelita said...

I'm glad that your sale went so well! I love the idea of a neighbor who is OCD about wrinkles. Too funny!

Kimberly said...

That is awesome that everything went so well!! I would have loved to have been your neighbor because I am so nosy and love seeing into people's places! HA!

Also, great goldfish necklace!

jesse.anne.o said...

That's awesome - congrats!

Robin said...

congrats on the teeshirts!!!! And I love the ode to the giant fish outfit!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails