"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): Chocolate Milk Hotel

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Chocolate Milk Hotel

Sorry, Jeff Mangum, I kid because I love.
 Cardigan - thrifted
Tank - little boys Fruit of the Loom
Necklaces - Target
Skirt - thrifted Banana Republic
Socks - Target
Shoes - Bakers (like 10 years ago!)

Striped socks! And they were on sale for $1.25!

Today is Dining Out for Life, so me and my special needs buddy Dan the Man will be going out for dinner at a Platinum Sponsor restaurant tonight! Unfortunately it's supposed  to be rainy because I wanted to eat outside, fortunately it's supposed to storm later in the evening, and I am generally pro-thunderstorm.

P.S. It has been 10 years since this interview with Dave Eggers, and I still read the addendum to this interview like once a month (skip to the part that says "Now the addendum") The very end just keeps building up until I'm so motivated to create and make and do that the energy from those passages can sustain me for days. It really is a good pick-me-up for days when you are feeling unmotivated or cynical... I encourage you to read it and share your thoughts!

11 comments:

Amy said...

This is my first time at your blog and first of all I have to say I adore your hair! It's so pretty. Lovely outfit, too!

Raquelita said...

I love the olive socks with this!

I just looked into Dining Out for Life. It's not in the city where I currently live, but maybe next year....

What Would a Nerd Wear said...

ohh i like the cardigan (and the socks with shoes, of course).
off to check out the dave eggers right now!

Erin said...

Love, love, LOVE this mix of neturals!! The socks are the best. (And I think Jeff Mangum would appreciate your creativity with the title.) :)

Nana Erin said...

THIS IS AMAZING!~ I love all the brown!I have never seen anything quite like this I dont think, and with your hair it's just perfect.

Anonymous said...

OK, I read the Eggers. And he grates on me sometimes, but damn. That is good shit. The best response I've ever read to accusations of selling out.

Also I am a color fanatic, but LOVE this neutral mix on you!

MamaLucy said...

As always, you are ravishing, but I especially enjoy autumnal colors on redheads. Even in spring.
As for the addendum- LOVE! I've never heard of Dave Eggers (chagrin) but I think I'll go lok for his book. His voice and message are A-mazing.

Rebecca said...

I like the mix of neutral colors. it loosk great with your hair.

Lesa said...

Really cute, I love browns.

Unknown said...

I LOVE the socks with the outfit!!!!
~halfpastafreckle

C said...

I adore the striped socks and long cardigan.

And Dave Eggers is THE MAN.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails