"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): Tagged like a dumpster

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Tagged like a dumpster


Over the past week I got tagged by JaneEvaNadine, La Fille D'Or, jesse.anne.o, and Erin
So here are my 10 things (cause I'm not doing 50!) Although, if you're that curious, you can click here to see all my previous tags.

1. I love sour things... I regularly eat slices of lemons and limes and kumquats are awesome!

2. When I was in 2nd grade I got my ears pierced at the mall with 14k gold studs. I was whining about them hurting all day and my mom was all "you wanted them done, get over it." The next morning when she went to wake me up there was blood all over my pillow. Turns out, I am allergic to gold and my body rejected the earrings (because the studs they pierce with "lock" in place, the WHOLE EARRING pushed itself out of both of my ears). I got them redone a few years later in stainless steel.

3. I have found well over 100 four leaf clovers in my life (I used to laminate them in clear contact paper when I was a kid). I don't go out of my way to look for them, I just tend to count things in threes, so when I look down they just pop out at me!

4.I eat the same thing for lunch every weekday - chunky organic peanut butter mixed with organic almond butter on wheat bread with a granny smith apple and a liter of water.

5. When I was around 2 years old, I was sitting on the floor in front of our big 1970s TV and our dog Hershey saw a squirrel outside and leaped up on the TV to bark at it outside the window. The whole TV fell on me. My mom freaked out, pulled the TV off me, and I came out unscathed, without so much as a scratch or bruise (the dog went to go live with my aunt after that though!)

6. This fall I read an advanced copy of a book called Returning to Denver. I have a blurb! I'm a blurb-ologist! I thought it was hilarious that another one of the blurbs was written by Gillette Penn (of Penn & Teller!)

7. I'm really allergic to certain kinds of mosquito bites (there are like 170 different species in North America). So a few times a summer I'll get one that is really huge and GREEN. It's super gross!

8. I was super duper tiny as a child. The doctors told my parents I'd never make it to five feet tall and was checked for thyroid cancer several times. Turns out I was just a REALLY late bloomer! I didn't get my erm, special lady time, until a few weeks before I graduated high school! I went off to college, suddenly got boobs and grew five inches in height!

9. I lived in Chicago until I was 8, then southern Wisconsin until I was 18, now I've lived in Minneapolis since then! I keep migrating north, I think I'll be ready to head to Canada soon (ok, not really, MPLS for life!)

10. Before dating "the boy", I had dumped every guy I had ever dated within three months. The boy and I have now been together for almost three years. We were acquaintances for a few years before that. One day we had a few too many cocktails at the Gay Pride Block Party and kissed! The rest is history!

Since so many people have already been tagged, I won't list anyone! But do it if you want and let me know, or add something about yourself in the comments!

3 comments:

tiff said...

#1 is me all the way!!

♥tiff
fashionintheforest.blogspot.com

Kimberly said...

Love these - thanks for sharing!

Emii said...

Looooooooooooove Cloud Cult. Craig Minowa is a genius. I know your blog is read by people all over so I'm glad you can share the music! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails