"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): A shortie

Thursday, October 16, 2008

A shortie

The lovely E has tagged me with Eleven Little Things. Here they are...

1. Clothing Shop: I pretty much only shop at thrift stores and Target (or both - the glory that is Fake Target!)
2. Furniture Shop: Um, I don't really shop for furniture. My couch is from my aunt, my mom bought me two chairs at IKEA (which I reupholstered), my kitchen chairs are mismatched thrifted chairs that I painted (a la Friends), my bedroom set is from my grandma from Norway in the '50s, my bookshelf was found on the side of the road... you get the picture. If/when I get money to pick out my own furniture, I will buy it from my sister, an interior designer at the very fancy schmancy Gabberts.
3. Sweet: Not big on sweets - eating sugar gives me a stomach ache, but I do eat Haribo Gold Bears from time to time.
4. City: Minneapolis obviously
5. Drink: If we're talking day to day it's water, coffee and hot green tea. If we're talking cocktails, it's red wine or Absolut Mandarin and soda water.
6. Music: Um, I own over a thousand CDs... the four concerts I am going to this month are Beck (w/MGMT), Ted Leo & The Pharmacists, TV on the Radio, and The Hold Steady.
7. TV Series: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, 30 Rock, and Project Runway (Good thing Ryan has cable!)
8. Film: Wes Anderson is my hero. I'm still a sucker for '90s movies like Empire Records and Reality Bites.
9. Workout: I try to run 10-15 miles a week.
10. Pastries: odd question, but ok... I like croissants on Saturday mornings (with cheese and fruit and Ryan).
11. Coffee: No cream, no sugar and very cheap.

Here are two outfits for you! Are they boring? YES! Do I care? NO! I spent most of the day yesterday at a boring work training (man oh man, most school nurses are decidedly unhip! Spending the day with a bunch of finicky middle-aged ladies who don't know how to work computers sucks!) I don't know why, this little sweater vest reminds me of Sesame Street. I guess cause it's kinda '70s and a little Ernie and Bert-ish.
T-Shirt - Target
Sweater vest - thrifted
Pants - thrifted Express
Shoes - Rampage

and I have today (and tomorrow!) off! Today will be spent making soups to freeze and eat for lunch all winter! Tomorrow is etsy update day! Laterz! I'm off to enjoy my days off!
Scarf - thrifted
Jean jacket - Target
T-Shirt - Target
Pants - thrifted Express
Shoes - DSW

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails