"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): Ahhh!

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Ahhh!

Ok, I swear I will start posting like 3-4 times a week again soon. I'm just SO busy! And I know that is everyone's excuse for everything (from not working out, to not eating right, to neglecting their children (or blog).) So, here is my schedule for this week...

Monday - up at 6:30am and work till 3:30 then CPR class until 10pm
Tuesday - up at 6:30am and work till 3:30, then quick trip to bank and post office, then to drinks before the MGMT and Beck show, home on bus at 12:15am (FUN, yes! but you know, it was still a hectic day)
Wednesday - up at 6:30am and work till 3:30, then CPR class until 10pm
Thursday - up at 6:30am and work till 3:30, then work with a client until 8pm
Friday - WHOOOOO! No school! Day off! Much photographing stuff for my etsy, perhaps picking up a few things at Goodwill when I finally drop off the donations that have been in my trunk for MONTHS! Making soups to freeze and eat all winter!
Saturday - up at 6:30 for "Diabetes in a Backpack" training till 4pm, immediately go waitress until midnight to 1am-ish

Whew! So forgive me and my lack of posts. Ok, and I need to go to CPR soon, so if you feel a burning desire in your soul to see what I am wearing everyday, but do not have the privilege of seeing me everyday, go look at my flickr... and here is today!
Glasses - US Air Force issued, given to me by, you guessed it, someone in the Air Force
Tank - little boys Fruit of the Loom
Long sweater - thrifted Express
Necklace - thrifted vintage locket, still containing the photo of an old man 
Jeans - Earnest Sewn
Shoes - thrifted vintage Aerosoles


With scarf (my office is cold!)

Ooh, also, favorite thing about my new job, well like 50 things but the BEST is that I have time to read! while being paid! Already finished...

Three Cups of Tea (awesome true story of a mountaineer who gets lost from his sherpa coming down K2 and winds up in a little town in Pakistan. Through much dedication and effort he builds TONS of schools (for girls! even!) while the Taliban is in power. Amazing but makes me want to smack all the kids who don't appreciate education...)

When You Are Engulfed in Flames (David Sedaris, 'nuf said.)

The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao (meh, it was okay. It was good, then it was boring, then it was good again, then it was just okay, then it was over.) Not worth the hype it got, I think.

What is the What (AMAZING true story of one of the "Lost Boys" of Sudan, so heartbreaking yet funny and hopeful. I couldn't put it down and was seriously crying at my desk A LOT. It's written by Dave Eggers, who I love and it's a really inspirational book that makes you SO appreciative of your life and past. Go read it!)

I just started reading The Raw Shark Text. From what I know about it, it's about a man who wakes up with no memory and this keeps happening over and over. He remembers history and movies and etc, just nothing about himself and his life. The idea is that in the waves of your mind (you know, brain waves) there are conceptual little fish that eat things (like when you lose your keys or have no idea what you ate for lunch yesterday). Well, this guy has a conceptual shark in his mind eating his memories and it all has something to do with his psychologist and the mysterious death of his former fiance. Odd, but great so far!

So, you can all go on being jealous of me and my awesome job where I get paid to read!

Boo-ya!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails