"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): Pom-pom hat

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Pom-pom hat

We got like 16 more inches of snow, so I'm embracing winter and dressing the part (well, sort of). I don't wear braids often, as I don't need to look any younger than I already do, but couldn't resist with this hat, which was the inspiration behind the whole outfit.
Hat - thrifted
Sweatshirt - American Apparel
Skirt - thrifted Banana Republic
Socks - Target
Shoes - thrifted new xhilaration

The "romantic super-date" with Mr. T on Saturday went well! We went out for sushi and then to the Fraternal Order of Eagles Club - where we took a swing dance lesson for an hour. It was pretty funny because you have to keep rotating partners and so I had to keep dancing with new old dudes, which was super cute! Then they had a live band and dancing. I forgot to take an outfit picture for you but I wore the red plaid dress from this post, but with little heels instead of boots. And yet again, Mr. T went above and beyond... and  brought a flower he welded for me (aka the best flower in the history of flowers):
Oh goodness... my brain has been commandeered.

My mom was in town visiting all weekend, so I hung out with her Friday afternoon and Saturday morning and dashed over to my sister's house before the snow hit on Sunday morning. The three of us spent Sunday and Monday holed up from the storm, watching rom-coms and Glee, cooking and making oatmeal chocolate chip cookies! We even ventured out for a walk in the snow and 30mph hour winds at one point, just to get out of the house for a bit! Yesterday we dug out the cars, which was actually kinda fun. I don't mind like an hour of shoveling, any more than that, no thank you!

23 comments:

Rebecca said...

With all this snow, I'm wishing I had bought a condo instead of a house. Mr. T sounds like he's pretty fun.

two birds said...

embrace looking young! you look great with braids! also, he sounds like a keeper!!

Anonymous said...

That really is the best flower in the history of flowers. Amazing!

And you're exposing your knees today? You LOON.

FutureLint said...

I know, but I can justify it because I wear a loooong wool coat to the bus stop! And the rest of the day I'm indoors!

Lauren said...

Aww that welded flower is sweet! :) Your date sounds awesome. I hope it works out! :)

Nana Erin said...

SO CUTE! The braids! The hat! I love it. And that flower is AMAZING!

joelle van dyne said...

i love the hat/braid combo! it looks great. i'm also a huge fan of those knee socks. it sounds like you had a great weekend with the dancing class, and receiving the best flower in the history of the world :)

Sarah said...

I want to see more photos of this flower! Is it also a District 9 reference?

FutureLint said...

I'll take another photo of it for you tonight - he also made a vase-like stand for it so it can stand on it's own on a table! I don't think it's a District 9 thing, I think it was because we were going on our first "real" date, where he picked me up and we dressed up. And there's often flowers on those type of dates, so he just put his own spin on it and made the flower himself!

caitlin said...

mr t sounds like a caaaaatch! and he spends his spare time welding things for you, so clearly you're on his mind even when you're not on a super date :)

i took swing dancing lessons in middle school (during that whole swing craze) and i can never convince my boyfriend to get into it with me! (however, i was in middle school too shy for boys so my friend and i danced together--i was the 'lead' so i'd have to relearn all over again anyway!)

C said...

Okay, you are just about the most adorable thing on the planet right now. The braids, the bare knees (brr!), the metal flower.

And your weekend sounds absolutely lovely. :)

Megan G said...

So cuuute! The braids and the pompom hat. It sounds like you had an adorable fun date. The flower is super cool.

Anjali/loveandwardrobe.com said...

I'm a new reader of your blog and I pretty much think you are the cutest thing on the planet at the moment (mainly because both my kids are being whiners today)! Sounds like a great date and an adorable guy. Awww. Cute braids and hat too. I'm totally wearing braids tomorrow ;)

Shey said...

heey young lady, I hope you two get to go out soon, what a nice thing for him to get you that flower. =D

Nicola said...

You look so cute, like Heidi!

Best flower ever, you're right. My boyfriend just started a plastering and brickwork course, I wonder what he could knock up for me...

Keep Warm (Danielle) said...

Love the braids with your hat and the colour of your shirt! And that flower? and the date? whooo lady... he sounds like a good one!

Anna said...

A welded flower?? I say he's a keeper!! That's awesome!

jesse.anne.o said...

This outfit is the cutest. And that flower is the cutest. Cutesplosion.

Rebeccak said...

those little t-straps are adorable! I hope you wore them for your date with mr.T! ;)

Totally agree - metal flower beats the dying kind for sure. I worked at a florist all through college and couldn't believe how much money peopled poured into things that live for a few days!

Lauren @The Little Things We Do.... said...

your outfit is cute as always....but i had to comment on the makeup! you look fabulous! i need a lesson in eyeliner from you!!

Lauren @The Little Things We Do.... said...

PS what a super sweet date and that welded rose is really and truly the best flower in the history of flowers :).

Unknown said...

Wow that sounds like a great date and the flowers is fantastic! What will he think of next?

Isabella Kiss said...

cute hat! the overall outfit is adorable.s

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails