"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): four eyes

Thursday, August 7, 2008

four eyes

Ok, I wear contacts, have since 7th grade. I have TERRIBLE vision. I got glasses at the beginning of first grade and they were pretty thick. I remember my mom yelling at me at the eye doctor saying "Christine! Why didn't you tell me you couldn't see?" And there I was, crying and yelling back "I thought that was the way things looked!" Anyway, I had glasses until the summer before seventh grade when an eye doctor suggested that I get contacts to hopefully slow down my rapidly degenerating eyesight. It was such a strain for my eye to see from where it was (you know, in my face) to where the glasses lens was (you know, a whole inch away), that he thought my sight was getting worse due to eye fatigue. So, 15 or so years later, I still wear contacts. I have glasses and I wear them at night and in the morning for a few minutes, but wearing them for any extended amount of time gives me headaches and my eyes hurt. I do, however, miss wearing glasses. They are fun. I am considering getting just clear glass put in some frames I have (until I magically have a few grand laying around for Lasik.) And, I know, I know... glasses are so trendy right now, even American Apparel is making fake glasses.





Pair #1 does not have lenses in them. They were given to me by a friend who works for a reading glasses company. I like them, they are small and brown and great.

















Pair #2 has lenses in them from when they belonged to my friend James. He is in the Air Force and these are US military issued glasses. They are not the right prescription for him anymore and when I went to visit him in Florida, I wore these around to bars for no reason. When I left, he insisted I take them.











So? Which ones should I get glass put in? Or both? I'm thinking it'll be pretty cheap to just put fake lenses in, so maybe both?

P.S. My job interview today went great! I'm hoping I get it! The school and the job are A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!

3 comments:

E said...

BOTH! Of course!

I just wanted to say that you are an incredibly inspiring and admirable lady. From your last post and also what John has said, you are very much so indeed. I'm super pumped that your interview went well; you deserve only good things!

Missa said...

Oh, I am diggin' the US military issued ones!

Kacie said...

""Christine! Why didn't you tell me you couldn't see?" And there I was, crying and yelling back "I thought that was the way things looked!" "

I had the exact same conversation with my mom when I was little and getting glasses for the first time! She had 20/20 vision and couldn't comprehend that I would need glasses.

I didn't even realize I couldn't see well. How silly!

BTW -- I LOVE your style and I'm working my way backwards through your archives. kthxbai

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails